local-grain-initiative

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The next level


The local grain initiative is taking it to the next level. Beginning this saturday, I will be providing hand milled flour blends at the local farmers market. Since I anticipate this venture will not be a money-maker (since I am using an hand grinder thus negating any notions of large market driven efficiency) I look forward to it as a chance to use this social environment and the symbol of grain to navigate a collective dialogue about the hidden magic of grain and its offering to us at this time when we need it.

April 7th, 2007 and most saturdays after that through the summer
Sechelt, B.C. Farmers Market
8:30 Am to 1PM

The Local Grain Initiative: Hand milled flour blends

See you in the community

2 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM , Blogger David said...

    Congratulations on getting this going!! We have some folks up here (Powell River) doing small-scale grain milling, and others getting interested in growing quinoa up here. Not sure how that'll go; what are your thoughts? Is the growing climate right for other grains? Best of luck with the new venture.

    David

     
  • At 1:36 PM , Blogger Yeti said...

    I am considering making my own organic flours with a wheat mill or grinder. The best I have seen so far is the Country Living Grain Mill. I Found it on www.GrindWheat.com. Are there any others out there that are comparable?

    I doubt it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home