local-grain-initiative

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

One loaf can go a long way

For those of you who thought that I have abandoned my bread making- think again. I am here but have been keeping a low profile- trying to figure out a way to link this loaf of bread with community. There is one way to share a few loaves of bread with a 150 people. It takes the form of holy communion in my church. The bread becomes part of an ancient sacred drama which links people together through common ritual. If there is a better way to have this many people whom I care about share in this bread I would love to hear it. As far as I am concerned, this is what my bread was meant for- sometime in the new year. Since time is short, I will have to mill these grains by hand and get on with the baking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home