local-grain-initiative

Friday, September 22, 2006

Before baking we need a bit more ranting....

How long will it take us to realize that we are slowly erasing our collective history by increasingly distancing ourselves so much from our food? I’m finished thinking that the social and environmental costs of a food system based on gasoline, pesticides and a cut-throat market economy are simply ‘externalities’. I propose that a local ‘Cereal Grain Liberation Brigade’ free grain production from the hands of agri-business giants and their ‘medicated mono-culture’ grain production lines. I don't care anymore about bread that is akin in texture to a plasticine/spackle combination. Give me something that feels like grain when I bite into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home